CAMP SITE BUILDINGS FOR CONSTRUCTION PROJECT IN TURKMENISTAN
Client Name: POLIMEKS CONSTRUCTION INC.
Start Date: February 2010
Completion Date: September 2010
This project consists of providing camp site buildings to Polimeks Inc. for their construction in Ashgabat – Turkmenistan. Polimeks Construction Inc. is a company listed in the ENR 225 along with other major global contractors worldwide. They are also one of the major contactors active in Turkmenistan. The D/B contract was related to the construction of modular panelized type prefabricated buildings covering a total area of 9.000 sqm.
Site supervision, subcontractor management, site security, logistics support, procurement support, health and safety management, construction quality control, design quality assurance.
Scope of Work Relevance
* Design and Build services for prefabricated modular panelized camp site buildings.
* Total of 9.000 sqm prefabricated structures including:
– Dining Hall
– Administration Buildings
– Recreational Buildings
– WC Containers
* Design services provided for architectural, civil, mechanical, fire protection, electrical, plumbing, HVAC and landscaping works.
* There has been no change order assigned to this project so far.
* No major accidents or injuries have been reported. Health & safety measures have been executed successfully.
* The major complexity of this job was related to the delivery terms. The main client was the Turkmen Government and the decision making process for the project was very fast. Accordingly, Polimeks Inc. wanted to pass to the mobilization phase quickly and start the construction immediately. Tepe Prefabricated Inc. acted swiftly and executed accurately the schedule as mentioned on the contract.
* There were difficulties as well concerning visa procedures of the erection crew for Turkmenistan.
* A Chinese Contactor Company has also chosen Tepe Prefabricated Construction Inc., in year 2009, for the construction of their camp site buildings. Additional information can be submitted upon your request.