CAMP SITE BUILDINGS FOR HOSPITAL PROJECTS IN IRAQ
Karbala, Al- Basrah, Maysan, Nasiriyah, Babel – Iraq
Client Name: UNIVERSAL ACARSAN HEALTHCARE AND CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
Start Date: July 2009
Completion Date: January 2010
The Universal Hospitals Group is one of the major healthcare holdings of Turkey, harboring several hospitals within the country and abroad. After the settlement of the military crisis in Iraq, restructuring projects have been implemented along the country. Healthcare was one of the most important fields. The Universal Hospitals Group has undertaken the construction of 5 Research and Training Hospitals in 5 different locations;
– Al – Basrah
The contract was D/B basis and related to the construction of modular panelized type prefabricated buildings covering a total area of 9.343 sqm.
Site supervision, subcontractor management, site security, logistics support, procurement support, health and safety management, construction quality control, design quality assurance.
Scope of Work Relevance
* Design and Build services for prefabricated modular panelized camp site buildings.
* Total of 9.343 sqm prefabricated structures including:
– Dining Hall
– Administration Buildings
– Recreational Buildings
– WC Containers
* Design services provided for architectural, civil, mechanical, fire protection, electrical, plumbing, HVAC and landscaping works.
* There has been no change order assigned to this project so far.
* No major accidents or injuries have been reported. Health & safety measures have been executed successfully.
* Additional security measures had to be taken due to the security concerns and instability existing in the region. Night guarding had been implemented.
* The heavy circulation and load encountered in the Turkish – Iraqi border was another difficulty affecting especially the “Transportation & Logistics” matters of the project. There were no delays; logistics operation was well managed and executed as scheduled on the contract.